Your existing customers are your bread and butter, and marketing programs that target them directly will be more effective than virtually any other marketing investment.
You are always looking for new ways to market your business and brand. But your wisest marketing investments will nearly always be those that specifically target your loyal guests. Here are five guest-driven marketing strategies you can put to work for your restaurant business:
- Targeted campaigns. Which neighborhoods drive the most business? Which guests have the biggest potential to make you more money? The more you know about your guests, the easier it is to develop a marketing strategy that will appeal to them, and drive your profits. Use the customer reports (and customer data heatmaps in Store Manager if you use SpeedLine LiveMaps) to learn more.
- CYO. Everyone likes options, especially when they’re tailored to their own taste buds. CYO (create-your-own) deals do that, and provide your customers the chance to build their own meal, at a reduced cost.
- Frequency rewards. Rewarding guests for their order frequency not only builds loyalty, but adds significantly to your bottom line, with increased ticket size and repeat business. Promote your loyalty-based programs in all your marketing, from social media, print, to digital signage.
- Referrals. Word of mouth is so much more influential than virtually any form of self-promotion. Encourage referrals with "refer a friend" cards or social media apps, or via other programs that reward loyal customers with discounts, product, or points for recommending your business to family and friends.
- Using feedback. Comment cards and review websites provide insight into what your guests think of you, but the true value is in your response. Apply that new insight to improve operations and service, and respond directly to online feedback to communicate improvements to your guests. Allocate time to keep on top of this: as valuable as word of mouth is in promoting referrals, unanswered negative feedback can drive customers away.
What guest-focused marketing strategies are you using today?
Posted on Sat, Feb 16, 2013 @ 14:02 PM.
Updated on September 13, 2019 @ 10:34 PM PST.
Posted by Tricia Hoy| Author's website