The SpeedLine team returned last week from the 31st International Pizza Expo: the largest pizza show in the world, and also the tastiest trade show around.
The highlight for our team was the opportunity to talk with current customers and meet new ones. Hot topics this year included web and mobile ordering, delivery management and marketing to Millennials.
This last topic was addressed by keynote speaker Jason Dorsey, who also talked about the challenge of hiring Gen Y employees (Millennials). Dorsey noted that Millennials embrace technology to keep in touch with friends and for entertainment. The assumption is often that they are tech savvy. “In reality, they’re tech-dependent,” Dorsey said. Getting to know this generation is particularly important for pizza operations, as this demographic makes up a large part of their employee and customer base.
Pizza Expo speakers shared tips with restaurant operators in in-depth seminars, and in these related articles on the Pizza Today website:
- Speaker Michael Shepherd, owner of 600 Downtown in Bellafontaine OH, shared “Five Habits of Highly Unprofitable Pizzerias.”
- Shawn Randazzo of Detroit Style Pizza discussed how to Fine-Tune Your Operations for Top Performance by incorporating technology into the workflow to streamline all types of processes.
- Joel Cohen of restaurantmarketing.com explained how word of mouth is the number one way to increase sales with some great tips in the Single Most Important Step to “WOW” Your Customers.
- Restaurant industry menu analyst Nancy Kruse talked about the Five Foods and Flavours Customers Crave.
- And Karen Post, the Branding Diva, spoke about how to cook up a strong personal brand with 6 Steps to Building a Chef or “Pizzapreneur.
At the SpeedLine booth, the Expo provided restaurant operators the opportunity to test drive the SpeedLine software and get first-hand feedback from current users on how they use the system to improve results in their restaurants. Visitors discovered a range of new features and capabilities—from visual dispatch and mapping to gift and loyalty, web and mobile ordering to inventory control.
For more information, visit speedlinesolutions.com.
Posted on Thu, Apr 02, 2015 @ 16:04 PM.
Updated on April 24, 2019 @ 10:24 PM PST.
Posted by Tricia Hoy| Author's website