Gone are the days of effectively running a pizza delivery operation with a pad of paper and a rotary phone.
Today, your business is sharing space with Amazon and Uber. And as a result, your customers’ expectations around delivery are very different today than they were a few years ago.
To compete in this new delivery space, a Visual Dispatch system gives you an edge. This can make it easier to plan routes and pair nearby orders for efficient delivery.
It’s simple to use:
- First, set visual alerts or color coding in the POS for a clear view of orders sitting too long in the kitchen, or drivers running late on deliveries. With just a glance at the screen, you can spot a situation sooner so you can do something about it.
- Draw (and refine!) your delivery zones any time, on an online map. Set fees and restrictions by zone.
- An optional expeditor screen gives you an interactive map view of your orders for easy grouping of orders and efficient dispatch.
- Add a live digital wall map on a large-screen TV for instant visibility into delivery volume by zone.
- Send driving directions to your drivers’ phones for safe and easy hands-free navigation. Avoiding missed turns and lost drivers keeps your customers happy and your costs down. And your pizza hot!
- Your customers receive an automated email with an updated ETA as their order is dispatched. This helps manage customer expectations behind the scenes so you spend less time fielding time-consuming callbacks.
Posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2016 @ 12:11 PM.
Updated on April 15, 2019 @ 9:59 PM PST.
Posted by Jennifer Wiebe
An occasional contributor to On Point, Jennifer led the marketing team at SpeedLine from 2002 to 2018. She loves books, yoga, playing at the beach, and commenting on bad TV with her family.| Author's website